❥ How to Spiritually clean your Crystals
To make a long story short, crystals are actually not really rocks and neither a real living creature yet they remain quite in the middle. They actually grow some of them for for hundreds of centuries.
They store, amplify, radiate energy and most of them should be cleaned regularly not to accumulate negative or unwanted energies.
The same way having a shower can have miraculous effect on you, cleansing your crystals will help them to keep operating their wonders.
In general you can spiritually, energetically clean your crystals with running, rain water, river water and so on, sunlight, moonlight, sage or Palo Santo smudging, Other Crystals, Salt, they can also be buried in sand or ground as the earth would also clean them from any previous energies.
Let’s quickly see the different ways to cleanse your crystals:
Rain Water: Collect rain water and leave then to soak for a few minutes to hours. Can be even overnight.
Or if you experience heavy rain you can hold them under the running water and visualise darkness coming out of the crystals and white light coming in. Set up your intentions.
Same with running water for the tap, you can do the same visualisation exercise or you can immerse them for a few minutes to hours to overnight.
Here’s an extensive list of crystals that DON’T LIKE water:
- Black Tourmaline
- Lapis Lazuli
- Desert Rose
- Malachite (Toxic with water) Labradorite
- Imperial Topaz
- Red Coral
- Fire Opal
- Any crystals that contains Copper!
Just burn a bit of Sage or Palo
Santo around the stones with some visualisation.
All crystals can be smudged. You can find more articles about smudging >>here<<
Get into a quiet and nice place you appreciate, physically and spiritually. Hold your crystals and visualise darkness coming out of the crystals and white light coming in. Set up your intentions.
All crystals can be cleansed by visualisation.
Buy our Certified - Deforestation Free - Palo Santo >>here<<
Expose your crystals to direct sunlight for a few hours to recharge them.
However the sun is one of the most powerful cleanser and a bit like your fave needs sunscreen, your crystals are quite receptive to it and most of them react negatively to the sun.
Here’s an extensive list of crystals that DON’T LIKE the sunlight:
- Amegreen - The colour will fade when in the sun too long. Made up of amethyst and prasiolite (green amethyst)
- Amethyst - A member of the quartz family. Colour will fade in the sun since the colour comes from the iron in it.
- Ametrine - The colour will fade when in sun too long. Made up of amethyst and citrine.
- Apatite - The colour will fade in the sun.
- Apophyllite - Can become brittle in the sun and colour can fade.
- Aquamarine - Direct sunlight will fade the blue to white if kept too long.
- Auralite 23 - Primarily composed of amethyst, so it can fade.
- Aventurine - A member of the quartz family and can fade in colour.
- Beryl - Can fade and get brittle in the sun.
- Calcite - Can fade and get brittle in the sun.
- Celestite - The blue will turn to white in the sun and get brittle and possibly break.
- Chrysoprase - A member of the quartz family, it’s a green chalcedony, and it can fade or get brittle and crack.
- Citrine - Since it’s a form of quartz, it will fade to a clear colour within 4 hours in the sun
- Clear Quartz - Can only withstand about 2 hours in the sun. Can get brittle and crack or break.
- Fluorite - No more than 15 minutes in the sun. Gets very hot.
- Hiddenite - The colour will fade.
- Kunzite - Will fade to white if kept in the sun too long.
- Opal - Will lose its colour in the sun. But okay in water.
- Prasiolite - This is a green amethyst, and the colour will fade.
- Rose Quartz - Will fade in colour in the sun.
- Sapphire - Will lose whatever colour sapphire it is.
- Spirit Quartz - Will fade in colour and clusters could ignite if in the sun too long.
- Smoky Quartz - Loses its colour to become grey or brown
- Super Seven - Will fade in color.
- Topaz - The colour will fade when kept in sun for more than 8 hours. A yellow topaz will turn brown and a deeper colour topaz will turn maroon.
- Turquoise - Colour can fade in the sun, also be careful with time in water.
Expose your crystals to direct moonlight, ideally all night and to full moon for a better change, however you can use the different moon phase to change your crystals according to your needs (We have a full article on “The Moon Phases” here)
Ideally take some pure Pink Himalayan Salt and kind of sprinkles it over your crystals for a few minutes to overnight.
Can be topped with moonlight or sunlight according to which crystals you are trying to cleanse.
Salt is great but I find it quite aggressive and messy.
Here’s a list of crystals that don’t like salt:
- Imperial Topaz
- Red Coral
- Any rough and raw stones.
❥ OTHER CRYSTALS:
Some crystals like Selenite are natural crystals cleaners.
❥ BURY THEM:
If you have a garden and you know your soil is clean from pesticides & heavy metals this is a great way to revitalise them.
You can top it up with a sunny day or moon light, or rain water according to the crystals you want to clean.
Bury them for 24h and when you take them out do some visualisation exercise.
And voila! That's all the information you need in a nutshell to start looking after your beautiful stones!
Do not hesitate to comment - and read the rest of our articles!
❥ Peace & Love from Joy & Happy